Colton Brown’s 14 points led five players in double figures for Class 2A No. 4 Covington, which overpowered Turkey Run 80-38 Friday night in boys basketball.
The Trojans (7-0) nearly had enough points to win in the first quarter, bolting to a 30-8 advantage. Ty Bever and A.J. Kline each had 13 for Covington. Spencer Pettit and Aiden Tanner contributed 12 points apiece.
Bever completed a double-double with 10 assists.
* Ronin Green’s 17 points and 10 rebounds led Rossville to a 54-36 victory against Carroll.
Bryce Oliver and Dawson Jacoby added 12 and 11 points, respectively, for the Hornets (3-4).
Arron Atkisson had 15 points for Carroll (2-2).
* Nathaniel Butts’ game-high 23 points plus a hounding defense allowed Fountain Central to top Attica 54-37 in a county rivalry game.
The Mustangs (4-5) got off to a slow start but turned to their defense in the second half to force turnovers. Blade Greene added 13 points.
* Rensselaer broke open a tight game with a 20-point third quarter and held on for a 49-38 victory against South Newton.
Jaylen Gilbert led all scorers with 20 points. Jackson Hughes added 15 for the Bombers (3-3).
Carson Anderson’s 14 points paced South Newton (5-1). Jay Hammel contributed 13 points and six rebounds.
* Ethan Brittain-Watts’ game-high 18 points led a balanced offense for Culver Academy in its 74-36 victory against Twin Lakes.
Jace Stoops and Joel Quasebarth had eight points apiece for the Indians (3-4).
* Cameron Harris lit up North Montgomery for 32 points in leading Crawfordsville to a 63-52 victory against its county rival.
Tray Scorza put up 12 points and Anthony Gonzalez contributed 10 for the Athenians (3-2).
Justin Clary’s 18 points paced North Montgomery (3-3).
* Three double-figure scorers weren’t enough for Southmont, which lost to Western Boone 65-56.
Ryan Stanley had 15 points for the Mounties (6-3), which also received 13 from Reese Long and 12 from Cam King.
* Mitch Coapstick’s 16 points led Clinton Prairie past Frontier 47-43.
Collin Stroup put up 12 points and nine rebounds for the Gophers (4-2).
Big nights from Bianca Radtke and Sydney VanMeter powered Rensselaer to a 63-32 victory against South Newton.
Radtke scored a game-high 22 points, while VanMeter added a double-double of 20 points and 14 rebounds. Brooklyn Radtke also was in double figures with 10 points to go with eight rebounds.