ORANGE COUNTY, CA – Pop that bird in the oven and head out for a “turkey trot” this Thanksgiving.
These morning runs and walks are flourishing throughout the region with varying options — scenic routes, dog-friendly, community fundraisers and some even including races and activities for your “little gobblers.”
Whether you launch a new family tradition or keep up with an existing one, bear in mind such participation earns you the right to an extra slice of pumpkin pie!
Happy Thanksgiving, from Patch!
ANAHEIM: NOV. 23: Plymouth Rock ‘n’ Run 2017- Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot
- Set at Yorba Regional Park. Benefits Reeve-Irvine Research Center.
DANA POINT: NOV. 23: Turkey Trot – 5K, 10K & Kids’ Gobble Wobble
- A Thanksgiving tradition for Orange County families.
HUNTINGTON BEACH: NOV. 23: Thanksgiving Day Turkey Wobble 2017
- Beautiful beach race course; benefits drilling wells for water in developing countries.
IRVINE: NOV. 23: OC Turkey Trot 5K- Thanksgiving Day 2017
- A delicious slice of pumpkin pie for all finishers!
ORANGE: NOV. 25: Turkey on Trails 5K, 10K & Lil’ Turkeys Kids’ Run
- Run off those calories with these Saturday events at Irvine Regional Park.
SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO: NOV.23: 1st Annual Turkey Trot On The Ranch
- Costumes and kids welcome!
ALSO FROM THE PATCH HOLIDAY FILES: Holiday Bazaars, Boutiques & Craft Shows 2017
FOR THANKSGIVING RUNS STATEWIDE, SEE: Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trots In California 2017
KNOW OF ANOTHER GREAT TURKEY TROT? Tell us in the comments, or self-post to the Patch calendar or Bulletin Board.Posting an event is as simple as 1, 2, 3. Here’s how to do it:
- Create a Patch account and sign up to post your own local content on Patch, totally free. It’s probably the easiest thing you’ll do all day.
- Make a Calendar Event and fill it with all the awesome info that people need to add it to their list of things to do in their neighborhood. Choose a fun image to upload and most importantly – have fun with it! It’s your event, and the possibilities are endless.
- Post it on Patch! That’s it. Get ready for RSVPs.
You can share your event for free to three Patches, or if you really want to get the community’s attention, you can pay $20 to feature your event. When an event is featured, it receives priority placement on the local calendar as well as on the homepage, article pages and in the daily newsletter (if available) the week before the event.
Thanks for your feedback.
Originally published Nov 6, 2017.